The War in Iraq
I believe the war in Iraq should come to an end. It’s going on five years now and I think it’s time to bring our troops home. One of my reasons for not supporting the war in Iraq is because of the cost. The United States has spent billions of dollars towards the war when it could’ve been used for better causes, like education and improving our economy. Another reason I don’t support the war in Iraq is because the death rate. Even though the death rates aren’t as high in this war compared to other wars, I still believe it’s too high. And there’s no telling how many more lives will be taken if we continue to stay in Iraq. There are some pros to staying in the war with Iraq. One is the fact that the war isn’t in our country. That means we don’t have to worry about our homes and buildings getting blown up. I would much rather us be fighting over on their territories instead of ours. Another pro is the issue over oil. Our country is running scarce on oil at the moment and we can take advantage of the oil in Iraq. If we gain control over the oil in the Middle East then we can lower our gas prices. But now I have to ask you, is all that really worth it in the end? Wouldn’t you much rather spend money on improving our economy rather than the war? Wouldn’t you rather pay a little more for gas knowing that the troops can come home and be safe?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Post a Comment